Sunday, February 26, 2012

Perfect Spouse, The Perfect friend, The Perfect Father

Many of us grew up without an example of what a healthy marriage looks like, what healthy relationships are and we had to learn and are learning the hard way because of this. This is something that I do not want for my children. The journey of learning through the eyes of God and through trial and error in my own relationships with others and with my spouse though freeing and rewarding in the end, has been tough.

BUT I want my children to be set up for success. I want them to come into a healthy, Godly marriage so that when they meet that someone that God uses to bring them closer to him, they will appreciate it and grow in it that much more. I want the blessing of a healthy marriage for their children and their children's children.

So my question to you is, are you setting your children, the generations after you up for success in marriage, in relationships? Are they learning through your example how to love unconditionally, how to let go of pride and humble themselves, are they learning to speak life into the lives of the others around them, are they learning what it means to sacrifice for the cause of Christ, are they learning how to stand strong when the circumstances look grim, are they learning how to endure when the mountains before them look so high, when the pit feels so lonely and dark?

They are learning, don't get me wrong. But are they learning how to be successful, are they learning God's way or the world's way?

"BUT BUT BUT, I am not perfect. I am never going to be perfect." I get that. We are not called to be perfect now. We wont reach perfection until we are with the Perfect one. But, we are to try (in God's strength) to be all that he has called us to be. This only happens in his strength, in his might, and when we make the decision to learn from and spend time with the Perfect Spouse, The Perfect Friend, The Perfect Father-God.

Let's seek him today, let's press forward, let's stray from complacency because in the end we will, our children will, and our bloodline will reap the harvest.


"9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." (Galations 6:9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment