Sunday, April 15, 2012

Calling, Purpose, and the Mundane

It was like God purposefully brought it all together for my good, for me to become my best. I love that I serve a God that refuses to allow me to be complacent, that wants me to be better, more content and even provides the tools that I need to get there AND ON TOP OF THAT- It is not I that changes me but Him! He does it, I need him to do it, I just follow along and love him, and seek him, and he does it!
Why am I so excited? Well, Resolution #1
"I DO SOLEMNLY RESOLVE to embrace my current season of life and will maximize my time in it.  I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment."
Since I began this journey, which actually began 2 weeks ago, I have read through the chapters for Resolution #1 and while doing so have not been alone. I have been sharing my thoughts with my husband, spending time seeking God for guidance, and trying to make the resolution everyday in the current season of my life. I have heard God say so many things but want to narrow down what he has taught me which can all be summed up by this exerpt- blog post by Amy Carrol….
“Every diaper changed, every knee kissed, every book read, every late night listening, every dying to self, every lesson plan made, every story crafted, every presentation made, every meeting attended, every spreadsheet created, EVERY THING...
It all counted.”   
The words spoke to me like never before and for the first time, I felt so understood, so set free, so content in saying that “this is where am I and I am only here to grow into that woman that God has called me to be, to step into that calling(s) that God has placed on my life. It could all be summed up-Contentment.
I have said it before, I have not arrived. Going from being that woman of discontentment and stepping into that woman of Contentment, meekness, joy in the midst of it all will take some time…BUT, I now have something to look forward to and as I am in the seasons that are not what I would have asked for myself, I can embrace that season expecting and anticpating that it all counts. That all of it is for my good and as I change and grow, I am becoming more of who he wants me to be, stepping that much closer to carrying out the callings that he has placed on my life! So exciting! Yet, so challenging. Yet so right!

1 Timothy 6:6 (NIV)- But godliness with contentment is great gain.”
*Encourage you to check out this blog post and do the reflect and respond located at the end.
Exerpt from Amy Carrol’s  Blog-Unfolding . Full blog can be found at - http://www.proverbs31.org/devotions/unfolding-2012-04/

No comments:

Post a Comment