Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Resolution-Let's Do This!

My husband and I have been so blessed lately to bless some other couples with some great marriage strengthening resources. Before getting one particular resource for the women, I wanted to check into it myself. I never want to pass on something that I have not first experienced. So, here I was with a book by Priscilla Shirer- The Resolution for Women. I had 2 weeks (in my mind) to read it and pass it along.

YEAH RIGHT! Within the first paragraph of chapter one, I put the book down and thought to myself. Awesome, she gets me. Then I share this thought with my husband who so eloquently challenges me with a question that had me wanting to toss the book at his forehead (yeah, the conviction was that strong). Then I hear God speak to me in a way he always does-"he's right my love." Urgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I read on and Priscilla confirms a fear of mine that I hoped would pass me along unlike it had in my family...I have a problem with being content especially in my current season. I am always looking forward to the next season, the next job, the next financial breakthrough, the next car, the next year, the next the next the next. I needed to learn to be a woman of contentment and thus RESOLUTION #1...

"I DO SOLEMNLY RESOLVE to embrace my current season of life and will maximize my time in it.  I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment."

Over the next few weeks (there goes my goal of finishing in 2 weeks) I plan to spend time reading through each of the book's short 2-3 page chapters (there are about 3-4 per resolution) and see where it takes me. In the end, I expect to have not already arrived to that place of being that Perfect wife, mom, daughter of a King-have to be realistic here BUT I do expect/anticipate a better me-a better wife, a better mom, a better Daughter of the Most High God!

It's time to be that Courageous Woman of God that I am called to be...

The Journey Begins....

Check out the book trailer....http://www.goingbeyond.com/store/books/resolution-women

No comments:

Post a Comment