Friday, June 22, 2012

!Everything!

Disclaimer: This topic will probably make you feel uneasy and it is meant to because in order to walk in God's freedom and receive the exceedingly, abdundantly, above in your life-you need to hear this!

Every Friday my husband and I sit down and look over our budget because we know that in order to be good stewards over what God has given us we need to account for every dollar that he has placed in our hands. The first 3 things that we go over in our budget are "how much have we brought in, how much did we gross, what is 10% of our gross?"

Are you tracking with me??

So, this morning as my husband goes off to work, I sat down to give our tithe because we believe that God gets his 10% first. There are so many reasons why we do this. We do this because we have seen and we have experienced the Lord as our Jehovah-Jireh: God who Provides. He has provided in so many ways for our household and there has never been a time where we have lacked to the point of being without food, or housing, or anything that the Lord has promised to provide us. God has provided, even when we cannot see how or even when it has made no sense and we still cannot figure out how he did it-where did the surplus come from? How did the bills get paid?

Before I tithed this morning, I wanted to visit the website of the church that we tithe to (our home church)-Elevation Church (Elevationnetwork.com). We have an online site where there are constant sermons and music and so I went to the site to see what God is doing with the very money that belongs to him, that we are privileged to give back into his church. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT HE WAS PREACHING ON! It was on giving, and he spoke of these people in Uganda who have nothing but as he spoke God's word were throwing all the money they had at his feet to honor the word of God coming from him and I tell you, I just cried.

God has been so faithful over our giving and he has never never never never not shown up in the midst to provide our needs. He has provided financially and it is so much bigger because his finacnial blessings are nothing in comparison to how I now know him.

I now know God has a trustworthy Father who loves to bless me and loves to pour into me. I know him on a level that most of you will not because you refuse to trust what he says when he says...

"10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe, ” says the Lord Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty." Malachi 3:10-12

We have tested him, we have seen him, we now know him because we simply gave him what is already his-our lives and our heart-Everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_M0H5nrY8E -Check this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment