Monday, June 11, 2012

I've Accepted Jesus But.....

I think one key thing that many believers miss is the face that we come to know Christ believing in him and what he did but there is also the a piece where we fall to our knees and acknowledge that our plans will fail but his plans will not. Where we surrender to his plans, his ways, fully, open and ready to do what he calls us to do, who he calls us to be, where he calls us to go. Why does my life not seem to be changing, why do I not sense his presence in my life? Have you surrendered to his way? Have you decided that whatever it takes, whatever?! It wasn't until I reached that place of surrender on January 17, 2009 that things really started changing. It wasn't until then that the changes started. It has been a journey with some bumps in the road and some mistakes on my part But old sins that I struggled with I am now free of, things/people, sins that I never could seem to be delivered from and would continue to stuggle with-when I surrendered they began to melt away because it is much like Israel Houghton spoke about at church yesterday,

"The atmosphere of expectation is the breeding ground for miracles!" It wasn't until I surrendered to God and stood firm in the belief that, he was going to take me places far better than I could have ever gotten to on my own. Surrender, that is what it is. So, stop fighting for your will and your way and simply surrender to the God who came down to Earth, suffered, died and rose again to set you free. Surrender and walk FULLY in that freedom!

Examples of this surrender in his word..
1-The Surrender of Simon Peter after denying Jesus-  "Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. 18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!” John 21:18-19


2-"14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. 16 I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." 2 Chronicles 7:14-16

*Lord, I pray today that those of us who have not surrendered and don't understand why things are not seeming to be any different. They don't understand why they accepted you and years later cannot seem to break those old habits and cannot see the miracles that other believers speak of in their lives. I pray today that they get to a place on their faces, bent on their knees, to a place fully open to you and your plans realizing that it their plans are not going to work but that your plans are far greater and they trust you fully in those plans.  I pray that they surrender. In your precious name Jesus! Amen!*

No comments:

Post a Comment