Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Where is my time Spent?

"I will seek to devote the best of myself, my time, and my talents to the primary roles the Lord has entrusted to me in this phase of my life."


I will be getting to the other resolutions that I missed shortly but wanted to share this one:

The next resolution in my courageous women's study (for women book) is about Godly priorities...such great timing! There is such peace in acknowledging that this is the season I am in, these are my roles, and although I may want to do this, see this person, go there, here, etc. "there is a time for every season" (Eccl.3:10). God's word brings such peace! No pressure, just walk in obedience and be who and what I have called you to in this time. When the time is right, you'll know.

As women, our roles change so much and so often. And not even our roles, as much as how much we are to dedicate to each of the many roles that we play. In this portion of the resolution book we were asked to color in some boxes, each a different color with the different roles that we have and fill them up (color wise) with the amount of time we dedicate in each of those particular roles/boxes. Pretty neat way of looking back and prayerfully examining which roles are primary and which are not.

Also, great for those like me who realize that although I may not be giving as much to friends/family but I am dedicating a lot of my time (as I am supposed to) to the Lord, my marriage, and my son. Funny thing was, I had forgotten to make myself a box as well. How easy that happens for us women.

With that said, I have decided to dedicate some more time for me. Not necessarily a whole lot of it but enough of it to where I am not left being a leaking, empty cup, but an overflowing vessel (a peaceful one at that).

Go ahead and try this exercise, see what you think, what you find out about yourself. It is pretty eye opening.I promise you, in the end, you will find such peace in embracing God's priorities for your life.

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” -Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment