Thursday, June 14, 2012

Waiting On A Promise....

Great reminder on @elevationnetwork.com today..

I got to hear the sermon that I remember hearing on 1/17/11 before God prophesied my husband into my life just a few weeks later. God reminded me in that sermon to make my waiting room my work room by digging a ditch because rain from Heaven was coming. One of his biggest promises to me was on the way. He reminded me to get busy even more so becoming THAT person for THE person that God was preparing me for.

I believe that this sermon is even applicable to my current season of Promise as my son is right now 2.5 weeks away. You see, it is so easy to get busy getting upset about our waiting periods when we are still waiting on that promotion, that great guy/gal, the pregnancy, the freedom from debt, the house, for the diagnosis, etc. I urge you, that while you wait, get busy, stay focused. It is going to take some work on your part, in some situations more than not. And, simply doing what needs to be done may not mean that you have to get up and go go go but pray pray pray, spend time in his word, visiting others, volunteering, attending the conference.

For me, in this moment I simply want to get my house packed, find a cheaper place to live, etc. BUT my body will only allow me to do so much so I am making the choice to get busy praying for my son, for my husband, reading, relaxing, enjoying this part of the season that I am in. Easier said than done but this is where God has me.

So dig, dig deep and allow God to fight in your future on your behalf.

"Ask the Lord for rain in the spring,
for he makes the storm clouds.
And he will send showers of rain
so every field becomes a lush pasture."
Zechariah 10:1 NLT

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I found your blog through Holly Furtick's blog. Love that you mentioned a sermon that you heard on the Elevation Network. Isn't it an amazing tool? I am blessed enough to live in Charlotte and get to sit under Pastor Steven every Sunday. I'll be praying that you allow God to fight on your behalf in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Keirstin! It is an amazing tool indeed. I have the website up pretty much all day and night as I go about running errands and taking care of the house. It has definitely been a blessing. Thank you for your prayer support as well and I pray that God continues to grow you and use you as his vessel to reach this city for him!

      Delete